- Make a note of any questions or concerns you might have before your appointment so you can make sure you cover everything you want to.
- Wear loose clothing to make it easier for you to have your blood pressure checked and easily removable footwear to examine feet.
- If you are concerned about not understanding or remembering something from your appointment you can bring some one with you. Some one you are happy to share your medical information.
- Be direct. You may have a problem that is embarassing or difficult for you to talk about. Don’t leave it until the end. Remember these problems are probaly common ones your doctor comes across.
- If you are prescribed medication, be sure you are happy why it has been precribed, how it works and how long you have to take. You can ask the pharmacist about medicinces as well.
- If you are on medications please bring them with you. Also bring other medications you are taking not prescribed by your doctor like herbal medicine, health food purchases etc.
Search this site