Minutes of Meeting
20.03.2014, 12-1 Dr Shetty & Partners, Pallion Health Centre
Attendance: – Kate Doughty, Mr Arnold, Mrs Lawson, Mr and Mrs Freeman, Mrs Moss, Denise Watson Dr Bagchi
Apologies: – Chrissie Todd, Dr Sri, Dr Shetty
- Minutes from last meeting were agreed
- Practice website – The group looked at the practice website and were reminded that it was possible to book appointments and order repeat prescriptions online. Patients were being encouraged to register on the website.
- Open day recruitment – It was felt that an open day would only have restricted contact with the vast majority of patients and we should look at other methods. More prominent posters need to be displayed around surgery. Mr Arnold agreed that he would be willing to be a point of contact for anyone expressing an interest in joining the group.
- Members were asked to take a sample poster advertising the PPG group and make suggestions regarding aptness of the wording and design.
- Confidentiality statement – it was noted that members of the group needed to sign a confidentiality commitment and a sample of a statement was presented but it was felt that this needed to be referred to be the practice manager before signing at the next meeting.
- Information up date – The practice was congratulated on being nominated an reaching the short list in the best practice and customer service categories in the echo GP competition.
Next Meeting: Thursday 5th June 2014 at 12 – 1